Essays on Abortion - Interesting Writing Prompts
Abortion is an interesting subject and typically proves to be controversial when brought up in a large room. If you want a verbal brouhaha, mention a side on the abortion debate and just sit back. You know what? Don’t do that, it just smacks of pot stirrer and we’re here to discuss your essay on abortion.
If you’re so eager to stir a pot, do it after you’ve finished with this article or do it now and read with the brouhaha in the background. Anyways, abortion is a very controversial topic with some prime topics to discuss or go over in your term paper.
All you need to do is ask yourself a few questions about the topic and you would’ve kicked off your essay’s thesis statement. Here are some questions to ask:
- What are the costs of maintaining Planned Parenthood?
- Why should abortion be made/shouldn’t be made illegal?
- Is abortion cruel?
- Government and abortion.
- What are the moral concerns about abortion?
- Where does public stand on abortion? Is it split or is there a majority one way or the other?
- The history of abortion in the US.
- What health concerns do illegal abortions pose for women?
- Abortion and women’s rights.
- Is abortion murder?
- Abortion in other countries.
For the most part an essay based on abortion will be persuasive. Even if the author is attempting an informative essay there could be some degree of a persuasive essay in there.
Answer any questions and research your answer. Your answer will make up your thesis statement while the logic between the question and your conclusion—along with research to support your conclusion—will make up the meat of your essay.
If you need more prompts, you could simply ask a question about your topic. It doesn’t have to be a particularly strong one as any question serves as a solid prompt, it’s a strong answer that you really need. Of course a strong question will give you more to work with them coming to a strong conclusion—which as we stated above, will give you plenty when considering your conclusion.
About coming up with prompts:
- Simply ask a question about abortion.
- The stronger the question, the better.
- Put down many question, one of them could possibly be your prompt. You could also tackle several questions and address the overall subject of abortion.